The Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is a description of activities that are not allowed on our website, and forms part of our terms of services. Design Hero reserves the right to require changes or disable, as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion. To meet the changing needs of our customers, our business, the Internet environment and the legal landscape, this AUP may be revised at any time and we encourage our customers to review this AUP regularly.
SPAM and Unsolicited Email
Sending unsolicited commercial communication (including, but not limited to email, instant messaging, SMS, chat rooms, discussion boards and newsgroups) is not permitted via Design Hero’s network.
Regardless of how the recipient’s email address was acquired, if email communication was not explicitly requested or consented to by the recipient or if the recipient would not expect to receive it as a result of an existing relationship, the communication is considered unsolicited (this applies to communication sent to both personal email addresses and company email addresses e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Email communication that does not clearly originate from a consensual sender or which appears to come from a 3rd party or affiliate is considered unsolicited.
- Design Hero does not allow any of the following content or links to such content, to be published on its Hosting Systems:
- Content of a pornographic, sexually explicit or violent nature.
- “Hate” sites or content that could be reasonably considered as discriminatory in any way including by way of sex, race or age discrimination.
- Content of an illegal nature (including stolen copyrighted material).
- Content that is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy.
- Content that involves theft, fraud, drug-trafficking, money laundering or terrorism.
- Pirated software sites.
- Illegal gambling sites.
- If Design Hero in its sole discretion determines that any customer content violates any law, including the Film and Publications Act, 65 of 1966 or this policy, it may:
- Request the customer to immediately remove such content; and/or
- Require the customer to modify such content; and/or
- Without notice, suspend or terminate access to any services; and/or
- Without notice, delete the offending content; and/or
- Notify the relevant authorities of the existence of such content (if required by law or otherwise), make any backup, archive or other copies of such material as may be required by such authorities, disclose such elements of the customer’s data as may be requested by the authorities and take such further steps as may be required by such authorities.
Misuse of account features
- Operating any service which enables or assists anonymous or abusive behaviour by third parties is forbidden. Operating any service which affects the stability or reliability of any Design Hero server or network component, impacts other users or the company negatively, or degrades quality of service is forbidden. All account features are to be used solely in order to develop and implement the Web site(s) associated with that account.
- Reselling Multiple Domains on Design Hero’s Web Hosting packages to a third party is not allowed. Multiple Domains are to be used solely for the Profile Owner’s own websites.
Design Hero customers must take reasonable security precautions. Negligence could result in the hacking of websites as well as compromised mailboxes due to vulnerable PCs, website software or the use of weak passwords, which could affect other Design Hero customers through blacklisting, phishing or spamming.
- Accounts with many files can have an adverse effect on server performance. Design Hero has the following limit: 200 000 files (i.e. an email, webpage, image file, directory etc.), or 50 000 files per directory. Accounts exceeding the above limit will have those files and/or directories excluded from our backup system.
- Using our servers as a personal storage facility is not permitted. Any content stored must be directly related to the website(s) in question.
- Mailboxes that build up large volumes of email without being accessed are not allowed (e.g. catchall mailboxes or bounce message mailboxes). The primary cause of excessive disk usage can be due to customers having their catchall address enabled, yet never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages build up, pushing the account past our file limit.
- Email older than five years may not be stored on the server.
- Individual emails that are 5 MB or larger may not be stored on the server for more than 1 month.
- Design Hero has a disk usage quota in place for its Web Hosting packages. Where applicable, customers are sent monthly emails from Design Hero notifying them of domains that have exceeded the allocated quota, providing an opportunity to reduce disk space or upgrade to a higher package in order to avoid unnecessary charges for over-usage. Customers can regularly monitor their disk usage via konsoleH by clicking on ‘Disk Usage’ under Statistics & Reports, which will give customers a reading of the total size of the package together with a summary of individual directory sizes.
- In order for Design Hero to operate with greater efficiencies and for our customers to have the flexibility and control of actively managing their disk space, an automated system tracks, notifies and charges for over-usage.
- Our Web Hosting packages do not have a set quota on the data transfer (traffic) provided as we’d like our customers to have the resources needed to offer a viable, growing online presence. It is expected that all customers comply with this Acceptable Use Policy, designed to preserve Design Hero’s server and network performance for the benefit of all our customers.
- It is expected that all customers comply with this Acceptable Use Policy, designed to preserve Design Hero’s server and network performance for the benefit of all our customers.
- Using our Web Hosting packages primarily for online file storage, archiving electronic files or streaming excessive video or hosting music is not permitted.